Feeling constantly tired? Is depression setting in? Have you picked up weight you can’t seem to loose? Could this be your thyroid talking to you? Let’s find out.
What is the thyroid and what does it do?
The thyroid produces the thyroid hormone. When there is too little or too much of this hormone diseases set it. The thyroid determines your temperature, your energy and hunger levels. The thyroid enables the body to carry out out certain functions such as in the reproductive and digestive systems. Women are more prone than men to have thyroid diseases and they are more susceptible during reproductive age and middle age.
10 signs of an under-active Thyroid
1. Fatigue after sleeping 8 to 10 hours a night or needing to take a nap daily.
2. Weight gain or the inability to lose weight.
3. Mood issues such as mood swings, anxiety or depression.
4. Hormone imbalances such as PMS, irregular periods, infertility and low sex drive.
5. Muscle pain, joint pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, or tendonitis.
6. Cold hands and feet
7. Dry or cracking skin, brittle nails and excessive hair loss.
9. Mind issues such as brain fog, poor concentration or poor memory.
10. Neck swelling, snoring or hoarse voice.
Get your thyroid checked.
Saturday 7 October at Gan Eden Farm, Durbanville, Cape Town.
Friday 13 October at EQ Centre, Saxonwold, Jhb
R300 for a 30 minute evaluation.
Booking essential through email@example.com
10 tips to heal an under-active Thyroid
1. Iodine, eg. seaweed
2. Selenium, eg brazil nuts
3. Vitamin B, eg. animal proteins
4. Zinc, eg. Green veggies
6. Cut out sugar
7. Exercise regularly
8. Rest adequately
9. Relieve your stress
10. Release emotional anxiety
Please bear in mind that the symptoms that arise from thyroid issues can arise from other disorders too. Thus, it is imperative to have your thyroid checked before continuing with thyroid treatment.